Business Formation and Transactions
Smyth McIntosh provides comprehensive client services as counsel to new, emerging and established businesses of all kinds. Contact our office to learn how our experience can benefit your company- even if it doesn’t exist yet.
Business counsel for entrepreneurs and startups – Advise new companies about the range of their entity selection choices and the advantages and disadvantages of each corporate entity:
Corporations ("C" Corporations, Subchapter "S" Corporations),
Limited Liability companies "LLC",
Limited Liability Partnerships, ("LLP").
Once you’ve identified the business structure that best fits your capital structure, management style and risk profile, we take care of all of the details of formation, registration and defining the rights and obligations of your ownership team.
Small business consulting and strategic planning – Our experience with advising small to mid-sized business of all kinds can expand your options and help you pursue new opportunities in your market long after formation. We advise new and established businesses on the full range of legal questions that can arise on a daily basis, especially when you’re considering a significant change in the scale or nature of you operations:
- Employment and executive compensation issues (Employment Agreements, Employee Policies and Handbook)
- Intellectual property issues involving licensing, distribution or enforcement
- Trade secrets, non-compete and confidentiality agreements
- Secured and unsecured loans - Obtaining financing for businesses and reviewing loan agreements and drafting loan proposal packages with cash flow projections, business and marketing plans and proformas.
- Advice and documentation for the acquisition or sale of business assets
- Commercial real estate transactions
- Environmental and land use considerations in developing and permitting projects.